How to connect and work with Cancer new moon energy to set the tone for the fresh lunar cycle.
The New Moon occurs when the Sun and Moon are aligned at the same degree in the same sign. The Moon lines up between the Earth and Sun, so your conscious self is in tune with the unconscious.
The sacred masculine (represented by the Sun) and sacred feminine (represented by the Moon) are symbolically united for seeds of intention to be sown.
Cancer energy combined with the initiatory energy attributed to New Moon lends massive impetus to fresh emotional beginnings ~ your past is an experience, not the final story line of your life.
10 ideas for Cancer New Moon:
• Start incorporating a little meditation time into your daily routine 10-15 minutes is fitting
• Develop awareness of your emotions as you go through your day
• Reflect on old emotional baggage and dump it for once and for all
• Notice what feelings your thoughts are evoking within you
• Observe how people around you affect your energy
• Spend quality time with your family
• Strengthen emotional ties in a healthy way (no co-dependency)
• Switch from depending on external sources to mastering internal homeostasis
• Create something for your home to mark the new beginning you are initiating, I love to cook so in my case I’ll be whipping up something mega delicious 😀 Any art or craft that you enjoy as a pastime is appropriate
• Clear out any clutter (physical or psychic) you may have accumulated in and around your home. Out with the Old and in with the New… try out some Housecleaning Magick
Since everyone experiences the energies of the New Moon, bear in mind that with all the emotional sensitivity about at this time there is also a tendency for moodiness and things can easily be misconstrued and taken to heart.
Take a moment to rephrase what you are about to say so that it comes out in the nicest possible way!