My 2 step solstice ceremony for busy witches to consciously tap in and make the most of this energy portal
All things are flowing and in motion. Our bodies sense the subtle influence of the gentle turn of the Earth’s axis and with the shifting seasons there is a time to plant and a time to harvest…
Literally and figuratively because your life experiences are cyclical and mirror seasonal cycles.
These are the times where we explore what is happening around us in nature and how the environmental sway is impacting us with the ebb and flow of energy that influences us biologically, emotionally and spiritually and helps us remember to stay in the present moment.
The 2 solstices and 2 equinoxes that occur each year in June and December and September and March respectively, are referred to as Quarter Days as they quarter the year.
The June solstice occurs when the Earth’s North Pole is tilted its maximum toward the Sun. In the Southern hemisphere the June solstice marks the shortest day and longest night and in the Northern hemisphere it is the longest day and shortest night.
The December solstice occurs when the North Pole is most tilted away from the Sun. In the Southern hemisphere the December solstice marks the longest day and shortest night and in the Northern hemisphere it is the shortest day and longest night.
Solstices are powerful energy windows that act as portals/gateways of opportunity for more light to enter the consciousness and physical bodies of all life forms on the planet for personal and global expansion to take place.
Think of them as cosmic “software updates” to a new version for the next three months. In this way equinoxes and solstices create a resonance for all the other planetary patterns to harmonise with.
Every time we have a solstice the sun (in tropical astrology) is moving into the cardinal sign of Cancer in June or Capricorn in December (assertive, set in motion energy).
This energy wave creates a substantial change in the electromagnetic field of the Earth for the few days before and after, which allows us to access higher level information. You don’t have to be aware of this for it to occur but it certainly helps to know what is happening!
This is the reason why ancient peoples held ceremonies at the time of the equinoxes and solstices because they were aware that the veil became thinner, to access the new wavelength of incoming light codes and frequencies which is beneficial for us in order to shift and refine our consciousness, both individually and collectively.
Use Solstice energy to:
- Honour the gifts inside you that are already emerging
- Transform challenges by asking for interdimensional amelioration
- Call for personal (or planetary) healing to flow with optimal grace and ease
- Raise your vibration and extend your awareness into higher consciousness
- Soak up the cosmic nutrients available for inspiring your next step in life
- Give thanks for all that brings the warmth of love into your life and contributes to your light
During a sacred ceremony, you create an interlude where you are at one with All That Is. Ritual adds power to actions and conveys a profound message to the subconscious mind.
Time and place cease to exist and it is just you and Original Substance. This union of heart and mind nourishes your soul and brings you into alignment with your Truth.
If you find yourself feeling distant from your core, whether it is due to mental, emotional or physical trial, at the solstice is a good time to reconnect so that Creative Power can flow uninhibited around you and through you.
A Simple Solitary Solstice Ritual
1) Set up an altar in a quiet area with some items you hold sacred on it. For winter solstice you may wish to use traditional colours of red and green. For summer solstice you may wish to use dark blue and silver.
2) Set an intention for your ceremony such as; releasing something that no longer serves you, healing, celebrating a triumph, honouring an aspect of your life or self.
3) Call upon your Spirit Helpers and breathe into their powerful, loving energy deeply. Ask them to guide you through the process, to show you what you need to know, trust what you intuit and ease into each moment as it unfolds in the days and weeks to come.
4) Imagine golden shimmering light shining upon you and sense your cells absorbing the life-affirming photons, vitalising you to your core.
5) Intend that the sunrays clear your energy field of all that no longer serves you and activate your DNA to; receive the frequencies, keys and light codes you need at this time to more fully embody your destiny and purpose in this life, anchoring it into this realm.
6) Sense the warm solar golden goodness attuning you to the cosmic harmony that is your birth right. Take a deep breath in and exhale slowly. It is done.
May each solstice sunray beam a blessing upon you!
If you would like me to facilitate a bespoke ritual magick that pings off sunrays for you, I offer a limited number of Solstice Shimmer rites during the three day window. Please click here for all the details and if the page doesn’t load, then bookings are full!