The Law of Attraction (LOA) has received a lot of buzz since Rhonda Byrne’s The Secret book and DVD took the mainstream by storm. Quite simply the Law of Attraction posits that like attracts like.
In essence, your thoughts, words, emotional state and deeds are required to match who you wish to become and as a result determine your experience of reality.
Some popular LOA techniques
- Pre-paving (describing, writing, visualising the desired flow of a situation)
- Scripting (speaking out loud to yourself, your reflection in the mirror or other people about what you would like to come about as if it already has come to be)
- Auto-suggestion (affirmations, afformations and general positive linguistics such as “I am, I have, drawing, attracting, flowing, magnetising” etcetera)
- Praying rain journaling (expressing appreciation for desired outcomes before they occur or resolutions presented)
- Detaching and allowing (releasing the need for something to happen before you let yourself feel content
Some popular ritual magick techniques
- Entering alpha state and richly envisioning the desired flow of a situation, describing aloud or writing what you want to occur on a petition paper or candle, often enhanced with symbols to draw upon utilise ancient energies
- Speaking your desires into botanicals, crystals or other items as if the end result has already occurred to attune the vibratory frequency of the item with the resonance of your voice
- Rhythmically chanting or incanting in the positive and affirming that It Is Done, It Is So and So Be It
- Expressing thanks for blessings received, change incurred and leaving offerings as if the outcome has already happened
- Releasing the energy so that it is free to expand within the matrix, taking on a life form of its own
*I Am Witch. Ancient and as relevant as ever.*
Own it. You know you want to.
For more about practical magick with the elements and moon, check out the 5 Days of Sacred Ritual to Awaken Your Inner Witch here.